In-Person Backyard or Home Visit Sessions for
Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
As regulated health professionals, we are required to follow the directives set out by the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario to reduce the risk for the children we work with and ourselves.
Therapy sessions via our privacy compliant video platform will continue to be the first choice whenever possible. However, for families who are not able to participate with teletherapy sessions, we can in-person appointments at our clinic or your home or backyard with COVID19 Precautions.
Requirements for Home or Backyard Therapy
To maximize safety and as per the directives set out by the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario, parents will be required to participate in the following steps after booking:
- Via e-mail: 24-hours before the scheduled appointment a mandatory COVID-19 symptom form will be emailed to the parent and must be completed and returned.
- Via telephone: Before your therapist enters your backyard for your appointment, the therapist will phone the caregiver and complete a COVID-19 screen over the phone to make sure that nothing has changed from the day before.
Preparing for your in-person appointment
- Parents and any child over the age of 4 will be required to wear a cloth mask for the duration of the session.
- Parent and child will be asked to sanitize hands at the beginning and of the session.
- The therapist will be wearing a surgical mask and will sanitize hands before and after the session.
- We request that the table and chairs be cleaned with soap and water from any dirt and debris to prepare for your therapists. Your therapist will disinfect table and chair upon arrival and before departure.
Start of the appointment
- Your session will start with completion of hand sanitation by the parent and child.
- Caregiver and child will then don their masks
- Your therapist will also sanitize her hands and will say hello from two meters and then don her mask before approaching (note – the therapist may have done both steps before you arrive)
- Your therapist will then disinfect the table and both the child’s chair and therapist’s, as well as any materials provided by the family that maybe shared by both the therapist and child (e.g. ball). All of our equipment and supplies will arrive sanitized as per the guidelines by the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario.
- To maximize your child’s safety the therapist will request to have your own supplies on hand for your child. Your therapist will e-mail you the day before with a list of supplies to have ready, for example, scissors, a ball, pencil, paper, etc.
During the appointment
- The caregiver is invited to remain in to observe (and possibly support) the session activities.
- The therapist should only be in contact with the child and one parent for the duration of the session.
End of appointment
- At the end of the session, the therapist, parent and child will sanitize their hands
- The therapist will disinfect the table and both chairs and any toys or supplies that belong to the family.
- The therapist will also disinfect her own toys and supplies and place them in an open bin to transport and allow to dry.
- We accept payments after each appointment via credit card or e-mail money transfer to email@example.com
Things to Know:
- Inclement Weather for backyard sessions: If the forecast is predicting bad weather at the approximate time of your appointment, the session can be cancelled or rescheduled without penalty. Please call or text your therapist 3 hours ahead of your scheduled time.
- Late Cancellations or No shows: In order to follow the guidelines by the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario, we have to limit the number of clients we see in a day. If an appointment is missed without calling or emailing to cancel at least 3 hours prior to the appointment time, the full appointment fee will be charged as a courtesy to our therapists. As per usual, it will be at the therapist’s discretion to discharge a client following repeated no shows or late cancellations.
Backyard therapy is currently available in the following areas:
- DVP/404 area
- North York -Central and East
- Parkdale/High Park
Sessions – 45 min + travel = $135
Fine Motor and Priting Assessment – 45 min + report + travel = $205
Sensory-motor Assessment – two visits + report + travel = $380
Child-Friendly COVID Precautions Video